Welcome to kidsLINK
The vision of Greater Gallatin United Way (GGUW) kidsLINK is to build family, school, and community connections to promote students' success in life. In concert with school districts, 23 out-of-school time programs in four counties support and engage working families, improve students' academic performance, decrease risk behaviors, and foster positive self-awareness.
With 2,100 children enrolled and over 900 children attending regularly, Greater Gallatin United Way kidsLINK is the largest out-of-school time program effort in Montana, according to the Office of Public Instruction. Of the 900 regular attendees, 400 are in Bozeman School District's seven programs with the other 600 attending in the rural communities of Gallatin, Park, Meagher, and Sweet Grass Counties.
Granting autonomy to each site to implement strategies and achieve objectives based on their own community assets and needs is a key element of GGUW kidsLINK's success. The seven Bozeman programs are made possible because of an effective partnership with Bozeman School District #7. The District provides staff, space, and oversight. Each of the seven programs, located at all seven Bozeman elementary schools, run from the time school gets out until 5:45pm every school day, including early release days. With flexible, needs-based scholarships available to families in need, GGUW kidsLINK seeks to ensure that all families have access to out-of-school time care, regardless of their ability to pay.
To Email: Click on one of the Program Coordinator names listed below to submit an email to that individual.
|School||Program Name||Program Coordinator||Contact Information|
|Chief Joseph Middle School||Katie DiBerardinis||(406) 522-6321|
|Emily Dickinson||Wings||Matt Givens||(406) 548-1269|
|Hawthorne||Hawks||Susie Miller||(406) 539-1714|
|Hyalite||Eagles||Beth Kennedy||(406) 581-4499|
|Irving||Tigers||Christine Neumeier||(406) 599-7882|
|Longfellow||CARES||Lynne Merrick||(406) 548-1267|
|Meadowlark||Matt Givens||(406) 522-6650|
|Morning Star||Lucky Stars||Jamie Gowdy||(406) 522-6500|
|Whittier||Michael Stearns||(406) 522-6750|
|GGUW kidsLINK Program Director||Program Coordinator||Megan Brenna||(406) 223-3114|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the cost of the afterschool programs?
- The cost depends on the amount of time a child attends the program (see the program manuals link for exact fees)
Q: How do I sign up for an afterschool program?
- Whether your child is a rising kindergartner or a 5th grader, contact the program coordinator at your school directly (see the list of program coordinators for contact information)
Q: What happens if I'm running late at the end of the day?
- Call the program coordinator on the program phone as soon as you know you will be running late. Repetitive lateness will result in additional fees.
Q: What's the protocol for someone besides a parent picking up a child?
- You will fill out an enrollment form before your child can attend the program. On the backside, you will indicate other adults than parents who are authorized to pick up your child. Please call the program coordinator and let them know when someone who has not previously picked up your child will be doing so. In addition, staff will be asking all authorized pick up persons for photo identification until they are familiar to the staff.
Q: What's the ratio of staff to children?
- We strive to maintain a maximum of 1:12 ratio.
Q: Do the staff know CPR?
- A CPR/First Aid certified staff member will always be present with students.
Q: Do all staff members have a clean background check?
- All Bozeman School District #7 employees have had a federal background check. Volunteers in the program will not be unsupervised with students if they haven't had a background check.
Q: What are the after school programs’ around bullying, discipline issues, etc.?
- The after school programs adhere to all Bozeman School District #7 policies.